You may on occasion receive a warning message from the server advising that your mailbox is approaching its quota limit. THESE MESSAGES SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED. Upon receiving this email, you will need to tidy your mailbox and delete emails you no longer require. One of the quickest and easiest ways of doing this and bringing your mailbox down to a more manageable size is to delete emails with large attachments. The instructions below will guide you along the process:
1. First we need to find out which folder(s) are the largest, to do this, right click on the mailbox in question, it will say “Mailbox – <your name>”
Then click on Properties for “Mailbox – <your name>”
2. This will bring up a window similar to this
Select Folder Size
3. You will see the following window
Select Server Data
4. You will now be able to see the folders within your mailbox and the corresponding size. The larger the number, the more it contains.
5. Make a quick note regarding which folders require your attention.
6. Close the open windows and navigate to the folder that you noted down in step 5. Once the emails are on the screen, you will be able to see the following
7. Right click where it says Newest on top
8. Your emails will now be displayed in size order
9. You can now proceed to review those messages and delete any that are not required any more.
10. Work your way through the folders from step 5.
11. When you have finished, remember to empty your deleted items
Select Empty “Deleted Items” Folder
12. This should now bring your mailbox down to a more manageable size.