You can use these settings to connect to your work PC using an Apple iPad/iPhone.
They assume that you have already requested to have remote access set up.
1. Go to the App Store on your device and download Microsoft Remote Desktop
2. Launch the App
3. Tap the + button at the top
4. Tap the Add PC or Server option
5. In the PC Name box, enter the external address and port number you have been given, eg, pct-xxxxxx.pctrends.com:33xxx
6. If you wish to make it more secure by not storing a username/password, then just press Save. Otherwise continue…
7. Tap the Prompt for user name and password option
8. Tap the Add User Account option
9. Enter your User Name in the top box in the form Domain\Username, eg, pct-xxxxxxx-dom\fred.bloggs
10. Enter your Password
11. Press Save
12. You will then see the connection on the Home Screen of the App. Tap it to launch.
13. The first time you connect, you will see the following, tap Accept
14. You are now connected!
Please Note: If you encounter any difficulty setting this up, please check your OWN internet on your device and please make sure you have requested and received the remote access details.