As you may have heard, the planned EOL (end of life) for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is around the corner. From July 14, 2015, if you run a Windows Server 2003 platform, it’ll no longer receive security updates. This has the potential of leaving your network open to zero-day viruses, or without support!
Note RM networks may be affected too! CC3 networks, and early adopters of RM’s CC4, may be running Windows Server 2003 as well. These servers will need replacement too, so it’s a great time to get rid of RM and move to a more robust, reliable “plain” Windows network!
If you’ve lost heart with RM, our Windows 2012 solutions might be the answer. Support is easily available from your usual supplier. Don’t feel tied to RM because it’s all the person who sold it to you knew about – Windows networks are used by schools and businesses throughout the world, and without additional layers of software on top slowing things down, your computers will feel like new.
We can probably have your network installed, up and running, in less time than it takes our competitors to prepare a quote! Our server solutions are currently powering schools in Hartlepool, Durham and Cleveland. We’ve a wide spread of experience across the education and business sectors throughout the North of England – references are available on request.
We’re CRB checked, and have technicians available 24/7 – so if you want your network sorting out of hours to keep disruption to a minimum that’s no problem.
Call: (0191) 303 8237
If you see a projector in this state then it isn’t going to last very long. This was taken down from a school that had regular IT support from a local authority. It makes you wonder what they were paying for when you see this.
This warning is not intended to cause you panic but we cannot over-stress the importance of taking these steps immediately. This is because the UK’s National Crime Agency (NCA) has taken temporary control of the communications used to connect with infected computers, but expects only a very limited window of opportunity to ensure you are protected.
What you need to do NOW…
- Go to one of the links to internet security software companies at the bottom of this page to download a free tool to scan for Gameover Zeus and CryptoLocker, and remove them from your computer. We advise you do this even if you haven’t had a communication from your ISP.
- Do not open attachments in emails unless you are 100% certain that they are authentic.
- Make sure your internet security software is up-to-date and switched on at all times.
- Make sure your Windows operating system has the latest Microsoft updates applied. These normally include the latest security precautions.
- Make sure your software programs have the latest manufacturers’ updates applied. These normally include the latest security precautions.
- Make sure all of your files including documents, photos music and bookmarks are backed up and readily available in case you are no longer able to access them on your computer.
- Never store passwords on your computer in case they are accessed by Gameover Zeus or another aggressive malware program.
Click for more info.
As of today, there is only 73 days left before XP takes the long and lonely road into the sunset and will be discontinued.
Click here to view the countdown clock.
Urgent call from a school we look after late on Wednesday worried that one of their new iPads that had been dropped resulting in a smashed screen was now a useless paperweight.
We picked it up and returned it the following afternoon with a new screen looking like new!
The school were over the moon with not only the fact they have an iPad back but the speed in which it was fixed.
While working at the Hospital doing some networking, a contractor finishing off the new floor inadvertently left his heat gun underneath the smoke alarm. You can guess what happened next…..
Luckily after our short break, we were allowed back in and service was resumed…..
Another successful networking job complete.
It was hard hats and hi-viz at the ready today working up at a Quarry in Northumberland.
Been installing the internet and a small network for the guys.
We are pleased to announce that we are now Authorised AVG Resellers.
You can find more info here.